August 18, 2016
The Information Piwik PRO May Collect
- Information You Provide
- Piwik PRO may collect and store any personal information you enter through the Services and/or the Site. This may include information such as your name, e-mail address, company name, credit card information and/or support information (collectively, “Services Information”), as well as any information, images, text, files, materials, content and other data you or your end users may send, receive, upload, retrieve, and/or otherwise transmit or recover (collectively, “Subscriber Data”). Services Information and Subscriber Data (collectively, “Information”) are information located on the systems of Piwik PRO, yours, or a third party (such as Amazon Web Services, LeaseWeb, Intercom or Braintree) which allows Piwik PRO to provide the Site and perform the Services. No system can be completely secure. Therefore, Piwik PRO does not promise, and you should not expect, that such Information may not be inadvertently collected and that it will remain secure. Piwik PRO will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Subscriber Data except as provided in the Piwik PRO Cloud Services Agreement, or as may be required by law. In order to provide the Site and/or Services, it may be necessary for the Piwik PRO to access, store and retain Subscriber Information for purposes such as service enablement, billing, client support, customization, training or other services.
- Piwik PRO does not store any user financial information, even though we may request information about you and your credit card and/or bank account. Piwik PRO does not store certain financial data due to its use of third party agents, such as Braintree, as its financial transaction facilitator. That financial information is handled, processed, and stored by the third party financial transaction processing companies and is subject to such third parties’ policies. For more information regarding the security of your personal information related to payment processing, visit Braintree’s Security Infrastructure and Privacy Policies. To the extent that Piwik PRO uses third party providers such as Braintree for financial transaction services, we believe that such third parties take the privacy of your personal information seriously and will use your information only in accordance with the terms of their privacy policies.
- Information Collected Automatically
- Like many sites on the Internet, the Site automatically collects technical information when you visit the Site or use the Services. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from Piwik PRO (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address. This information is used to identify your internet browser, store your user preferences, authenticate user sessions and provide services. We may also combine all of this non-identifying information with other non-identifying information to infer trends or demographic characteristics.
- We respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms.
- You may opt-out from all marketing and advertising tools trackers installed on the website by responding here.
- Like many sites on the Internet, when you visit the Site and/or use the Services, Piwik PRO may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to the Site and/or Services and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, Piwik PRO also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Site and/or Services, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Site and/or Services. Piwik PRO may use this data to better understand how you interact with the Site and/or Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site and/or Services, and to improve the Site and our Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able use some of the interactive features offered on the Site and/or Services. In addition, please be aware that other parties may also place their own cookies on or through the Site and/or Services, and may collect or solicit personal information from you. Other cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to the registration data you have submitted to Piwik PRO in hashed, non-human readable form. No personally identifiable information is contained in these cookies.
- Piwik PRO may use third party software and/or widgets that are integrated into the Site and via the Services, such as Intercom. These companies may collect information from you, such as your name and your email address. They may also use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their software and/or widgets.
- Piwik PRO employs or engages other companies and individuals (including but not limited to its affiliates, Amazon Web Services, LeaseWeb, Braintree and Intercom) to perform business functions on behalf of the Site and/or Services. These persons may be provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, providing hosting services, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing user services.
- Any supplied billing information (if collected by and through the Site and/or Services, as opposed to being directly inputted and collected by and through third parties such as Braintree) shall be encrypted for transmittal to a third party intermediary for processing. Such billing information is used only to bill you for those purchases you choose to make through the Site and/or Services. The process is designed to protect your billing information against unauthorized misappropriation by third parties. As the technological landscape is constantly changing, no security system is absolutely secure. Therefore Piwik PRO cannot and does not guarantee complete security of any of its databases and information contained therein, nor can Piwik PRO guarantee that any supplied information will be absolutely secure from interception during transmission to the Site and/or Services over the Internet.
How Piwik PRO Uses the Information It Collects
Piwik PRO may use information that it collects as described above to:
- deliver the services that you have requested.
- provide you with customer support.
- enforce or exercise any rights in Piwik PRO’s Cloud Services Agreement.
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Piwik PRO may also release your personal information to a third party in order to protect, establish, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, threats to our property, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
You can choose which communications you receive from us through your settings within the Site and Services.
Piwik PRO forbids the use of the Site and Services to individuals age 18 and below, without the consent of a parent or guardian over the age of 18. Piwik PRO does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting the Site and Services From European Union
Visiting the Site and Services From the United States
Notice to California Users
Subject to the limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you may ask us to provide you with a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may also request the identity of certain third parties that received your personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make a request as described hereinabove once a year.
To make such a request, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Piwik PRO, 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038. Please mention in your communication that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within thirty (30) days.
Visiting the Site and Services From Outside the United States and Outside of the European Union
If you are located outside the United States, Subscriber Data will be transferred outside of your country to the United States where our servers are located and where it will be processed and stored on services owned and operated by Amazon Web Services or LeaseWeb. By registering for the Site, by accessing the Services, and/or by emailing us, you expressly agree to such transfer and disclosure.